Rich and Moisturized Chocolate Cake – Dairy Free Recipe
A dairy free diet doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy delicious rich and moisturized chocolate desserts. This interesting and healthy recipe of a dairy free chocolate cake is just right for anyone who has lactose intolerance or follows a vegetarian diet for any other reason. It’s even better than the classical butter based recipes.
- White flour – 2 ¾ cups
- cocoa powder – 1 cup
- baking soda – 1 tea spoon;
- salt – ½ tea spoon;
- dairy free shortening – 1 ½ cups;
- sugar – 2 ½ cups;
- eggs – 4;
- rice or almond milk – 1 ½ cups;
- mapl e syrup – ¼ cup;
- vanilla – 2 table spoons.
- In the first bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, the salt and baking soda.
- In another larger bowl, mix together the shortening with the sugar. It’s better to use an electric mixer at a high speed. Cream it until fluffy and then add eggs, one at a time. Thoroughly mix it in-between the adding.
- Add the rice milk, maple syrup and vanilla to the cream and mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the batter in several portions. Mix until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Pour the batter into a prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until it’s ready.
Yummy! This dairy free cake is not worse than its dairy analogues, if not to say better. It’s lactose and soy free which makes it a great option for kids’ holidays.
The final hint is just to check the food labels and make sure that all the ingredients are free of the hidden lactose derivatives.